Friends of Little Kingshill School (FOLKS)
Welcome to Friends Of Little Kingshill School (FOLKS) – Your Parent Teacher Association
Who are we?
FOLKS is made up of a core committee of parents, and is supported by wonderful class reps and brilliant volunteers without whom we would not be able to function. We have regular meetings which can be attended by any member of the school community. We are always glad to welcome new faces, and to hear fresh ideas, requests for funding or feedback on events – do come along to make your voice heard.
Current FOLKS committee members:
- Arlene Lindsay – Chair
- Jo Gunby – Deputy Chair
- Emma Ashlin – Treasurer
- Natalie Kerrigan – Deputy Treasurer
- Amy Downes – Secretary
We do entirely rely on the support of the amazing parents and fabulously energetic teachers within the school, so say a huge thank you for donations of time, effort, money, prizes, ideas, cakes, shoe leather and general sanity, particularly at busy times. We also appreciate your kindness and patience with us as we are also all just parents with our own kids, jobs, pets, broken down boilers, IT issues and whatever else is sent to test us!
What is FOLKS about?
We are here to:
- Help parents and children have fun & enjoy the social side of our school
- Help all of our children get the best they possibly can from our school
- Make cold hard cash (to do the above)
- Be as eco-friendly & sustainable as possible whilst we do all this
What do we do?
Whilst we are here to help raise funds for the school, we believe this can be achieved through awesome events throughout the year that bring our school community closer together. These include such things as bushcraft days, Christmas Fayre, race night, Christmas night out, children’s discos and film nights, Easter bunny day, family comedy night, curry and quiz night, and a Summer fete.
FOLKS work with the staff, the children (through the School Council), parents and governors to pull together a ‘wishlist’ of activities, projects or equipment for funding. In the main, PTA funds are for the ‘extras’ not provided by the school budget, to make the learning experiences of the children across the whole school more fulfilling and exciting.
In addition to events, FOLKS can apply for grants from local charitable organisations to enable us to support projects that may otherwise be unachievable through the normal course of funds raised.
What do we need from you?
- Communication – if you liked an event tell us, if you didn’t, tell us (but be kind, we do try hard). If you have an event idea or funding request do pass it on because we will look into it.
- Support – you don’t need to organise an entire event to be helpful.
Half an hour on a stall or at the bar, making a dessert, ferrying food on a Fundraising Friday or just coming along and taking part would be great. All help is appreciated!
Other ways to support FOLKS
- Your School Lottery
- Join for a chance to win a weekly jackpot prize of £25,000, or a local prize (based on the number of tickets bought that week within the school)
- Tickets cost £1 and can be purchased at https://www.yourschoollottery.co.uk/lottery/school/little-kingshill-combined-school
- Help the school earn money when you shop online (at no cost to you!)
- Download the Easyfundraising app on your phone and search for ‘Friends of Little Kingshill’ OR log onto website https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/folks
- Amazon donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to FOLKS when you sign up
- Go to: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ and select Friends of Little Kingshill School
- Remember to shop through smile.amazon.co.uk to make sure we get these funds
- Second hand uniform
- Email email@example.com with any requests for uniform or see Kate Greaves
- Textile bank
- Drop your old clothes, linen, paired shoes and handbags in the blue bank
- Coming soon, Bag2School
- Stikins and Stamptastic labels commission
- Company funding
- Let us know if your company match fundraising efforts or offer books, gifts, grants or anything else to schools
- Similarly we are always on the look out for ace raffle prizes, so if you can donate we are super grateful
Track us down:
- If you want to get in touch, please contact us at:
- For info on events, funding projects and school life, like Little Kingshill School on Facebook:
Planned events and meetings:
- Monday 27th January: FOLKS committee meeting
- Friday 7th February: Fundraising Friday
- Thursday 13th February: Kids’ film night (run by Year 3)
- Monday 9th March: FOLKS committee meeting
- Date TBC Saturday in March: Family comedy afternoon (run by year 4)
- Friday 27th March: Fundraising Friday
- Thursday 2nd April: Easter bunny day
- Monday 11th May: FOLKS committee meeting
- Friday 15th May: Fundraising Friday
- Saturday 16th May: Curry and quiz night (run by year 6)
- Thursday 18th June: FOLKS committee meeting
- Saturday 27th June: Summer fayre (supported by the whole school)
- Friday 10th July: Fundraising Friday