The Governing Body decides matters of general policy and oversees the general running of the school.
School Governors contribute to the work of the governing body in ensuring high standards of achievement for all children and young people in the school by:
- Setting the school’s vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Governors have a four-year term of office and are actively involved in the life of Little Kingshill School. The Chairman and Vice Chairman are appointed on a 1 year term. Minutes of Governors’ Meetings are available for parents to view within the school and there are formal and informal opportunities for meeting governors at various events during the year.
Mr Mauro Mortali is the Chairman of the school’s Governing Body, supported by Mr Darren Franklin as Vice Chair.
The Governing Body is made up as follows:
|Governor||Governor Type||Date Of Appointment|
|Mr Mauro Mortali||Co-Opted||March 2015|
|Mr Darren Franklin||Co-Opted||May 2014|
|Dr Frances Rawle||Co-Opted||September 2012|
|Mr David Till-Hosier||Co-Opted||March 2015|
|Mr Malcolm Jamieson||Co-Opted||March 2015|
|Mr Michael Wright||Co-Opted||May 2015|
|Mr Chris Barnard||Associate||N/A|
|Mrs Adrienne Hill||Co-Opted||March 2015|
|Mrs Natalie Samat||Co-Opted||March 2015|
|Mr Paul Hunter||Local Authority||April 2013|
|Mr Andrew McConnell||Parent||September 2015|
|Mr Mark Knollys||Parent||March 2014|
|Mrs Anna Cross||Parent||April 2013|
|Mrs Helen McCammond||Staff||March 2015|
|Mrs Grishma Sutaria||Head Teacher||N/A|
|Mrs S Treasure||Co-Opted||October 2016|
Ms Zoe Williams is the Clerk to the Governing Body.
The Whole Governing Body meets once a term, and is supported by a number of committees who typically meet termly. The main committees and associated chairmen are:
- Finance – Mr Michael Wright
- Teaching & Learning – Dr Frances Rawle
- Sites & Buildings – Mrs Adrienne Hill
- Personnel – Mrs Natalie Samat
- Extended Services – Mr Paul Hunter
- Performance Management – Mr Malcolm Jamieson
- Pay Review – Mr Mauro Mortali
Details of committee membership can be found here: Committee Membership (Feb 2016) Approved)
Other key Governor positions include:
- SEND – Mrs Anna Cross
- Child Protection – Mrs Natalie Samat
- Equalities & Diversity – Mr David Till-Hosier
- RE & SMSC – Mr Mark Knollys
- Development – Mr Mark Knollys
- Pupil Premium – Mr Paul Hunter
- EFYS – Mr Michael Wright
The Code of Conduct for Governors is available to view here:
Our governors have no relevant business interests at the school and no relationships with school staff.
Record of governor and guest attendance at governing body and committee meetings can be found here:
Being a School Governor is an incredibly rewarding way of making a difference to the school. If you are interested in becoming a School Governor, please contact Mauro Mortali on email@example.com.
Further detail on what is expected of a school governor is attached here: